How to post a special project using the Calpress Producer feature
Copy this TEXT
YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF THE CODE BELOW. COPY AND PASTE INTO A TEXT EDITOR:
<div id="post-26566" class="hentry p8 post publish author-oakland-north-staff category-business category-development category-economy category-featured category-front untagged y2010 m05 d13 h13 alt">
<div class="lead-art entry-leadphoto">
<a href="http://PAGEURL HERE"><img alt="" src="http://oaklandnorth.net/wp-content/themes/calpress/library/extensions/timthumb.php?src=IMAGE URL HERE&w=XXX"></a>
<a href="LINK TO PAGE HERE" title="Permalink to page" rel="bookmark">TITLE HERE
<span class="entry-byline">By: BYLINE HERE <a class="url fn n" href="LINK TO AUTHORS PAGE EG: http://oaklandnorth.net/author/staff/" title="View all posts by XXX"></a></span> <span class="meta-sep">|</span> <span class="entry-date"><abbr class="published" title="2010-02-17T13:06:38-0800">DATE HERE</abbr></span>
WHAT IT ALL MEANS
1. Place the link to the PAGE here
2. Place the URL of the image here, DON’T forget to size the image to the exact size for the front page: 620 for ART LEDE and 360 for normal, enter the width here w=xxx. SEE BELOW ON HOW TO UPLOAD AND GET THE IMAGE URL
3 Again the link to the PAGE HERE (NOTE:YOU MUST PUBLISH THE PAGE FIRST, You can’t paste a PREVIEW URL HERE, the page must be live)
4. TITLE of the post goes here.
5/6 Enter the byline of the reporter and a link to their bio page.
7. Enter their name again
8. Insert the date you are publishing this post.
9. Paste an exerpt here
Paste the CODE in the Calpress Producer Field
1. You can access the Calpress Producer in the lower left inside WordPress
2. If you choose default layout, make sure your image is sized to 360 px, likewise if you choose Art Lede is should be 620px.
3. Paste your modified code in this field. PLEASE KEEP A BACK UP COPY OF YOUR CODE ON YOUR COMPUTER.
Uploading the image
1. Click the Media/Add New option in the WordPress dashboard, then select your file.
COPY the image URL
Once uploaded copy the URL from the File URL field. YOU NOW HAVE THE URL to paste into the code section as described above.
OBTAINING THE POST/PAGE URL
1. REMEMEBR The post/page MUST BE PUBLISHED. Go to the post/page and copy the URL from your nav bar. IF IT SAYS PREVIEW in the URL, then it hasn’t been published yet, PLEASE publish THEN copy the URL to the appropriate place in the above code.
EVERY author has a page and a URL. You can find their page by finding a story they have published and clicking on their name, their profile page will come up, copy that URL.
Once you have finished entering all the fields in the code and pasted the code in the override field, click the Make Live! button. PLEASE avoid clicking the reset button. It’s a self destruct button that explodes the entire J-School.